🍰 Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe 🍃 Light and Fluffy Cake
Pandan Chiffon Cake
You will need:
- Pandan leaves
- Cake flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cream of tartar
- Start by preheating your oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Blend 8-10 Pandan leaves with 100ml of water, then strain the mixture to get Pandan extract.
- In a bowl, combine 200g of cake flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Separate 5 eggs. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with 100g of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in 80ml of vegetable oil, 100ml of Pandan extract, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the egg yolk mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 100g of granulated sugar to the egg whites, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a chiffon cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Invert the cake pan and let it cool completely before removing the cake from the pan.
Pandan Chiffon Cake is a light, fluffy cake that's popular in many Southeast Asian countries. The Pandan extract gives it a unique, aromatic flavor that's hard to resist.
Embark on a culinary journey to Southeast Asia with our Pandan Chiffon Cake recipe. This light, fluffy cake is a staple in many Asian households, and for a good reason. The unique, aromatic flavor of pandan leaves, combined with the airy texture of the chiffon cake, creates an irresistible dessert that's hard to resist. Whether you're a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress.
The secret to the cake's light and fluffy texture lies in the method of separating the eggs and beating the egg whites to soft peaks before folding them into the batter. This technique is similar to the one used in making an Angel Food Cake, another dessert known for its airy texture.
While the process might seem intimidating at first, don't be deterred. With a little practice, you'll be whipping up this delicious cake in no time. If you're wondering how to make a fluffy cake, this recipe is a great place to start. It breaks down the process into simple, easy-to-follow steps, ensuring a successful bake every time.
One of the standout ingredients in this recipe is the pandan leaves. This tropical plant is often referred to as the 'vanilla of the East' due to its sweet, unique aroma. The vibrant green color it imparts to the cake is entirely natural, making this cake as visually appealing as it is tasty.
If you're following a gluten-free diet, don't worry. You can easily substitute the cake flour with a gluten-free cake mix to make this recipe suitable for your dietary needs. And if you're looking for more gluten-free dessert inspiration, check out these delicious gluten-free cake and cookie recipes.
So why wait? Preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and get ready to discover the unique flavors of this Pandan Chiffon Cake. Happy baking!