🍓 Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble Recipe 🍓
Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
You will need:
- 500g rhubarb
- 200g strawberries
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Trim and chop the rhubarb into 2cm pieces. Hull and halve the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the rhubarb, strawberries, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Transfer this mixture to a baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and butter. Rub them together with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the brown sugar to the flour and butter mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle this crumble mixture over the rhubarb and strawberries in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and the fruit mixture is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serve this delightful crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh cream for an extra treat. Remember, rhubarb leaves are toxic and should not be consumed.
Embrace the harmonious marriage of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries in this delightful Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble. This recipe is a testament to the power of combining contrasting flavors, creating a symphony of taste that dances on your palate. It's a classic dessert that never fails to impress, and it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
For those unfamiliar with the robust, tangy flavor of rhubarb, our guide on understanding the taste profiles of rhubarb is a great place to start. Rhubarb's unique flavor profile makes it a versatile ingredient in various dishes, from savory to sweet. The key to unlocking its potential lies in pairing it with the right ingredients - and in this case, strawberries are the perfect match.
Strawberries, with their sweet, juicy burst of flavor, balance out the tartness of the rhubarb, resulting in a dessert that's just the right amount of sweet and tangy. If you're a fan of strawberries, why not try them in a refreshing drink? Our strawberry mocktail recipe is a must-try.
But let's get back to our crumble. The buttery, crunchy topping provides a delightful texture contrast to the soft, juicy filling. It's a dessert that's both comforting and exciting, perfect for a cozy family dinner or a festive gathering.
If you're looking for more dessert inspiration, check out our list of quick and easy dessert recipes. From simple yet delicious recipes to unique and adventurous ones, there's something for everyone.
Remember, the best part about cooking is the journey - the process of transforming simple ingredients into a dish that delights the senses. So, roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and let's dive into the world of flavors with this Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble. Happy cooking!