🌟 Zaatar Manakeesh Recipe: Middle Eastern Breakfast Delight 🌟
You will need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of Zaatar spice mix
- Start by combining the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the active dry yeast with warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead until a dough forms.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each one out into a thin circle.
- Brush each circle with olive oil and sprinkle a generous amount of Zaatar spice mix on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Serve your Zaatar Manakeesh warm with a side of fresh veggies or yogurt for a complete Middle Eastern breakfast experience. You can also store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
Embark on a culinary journey to the heart of the Middle East with our delectable Zaatar Manakeesh recipe. This traditional Levantine flatbread, topped with the aromatic blend of Zaatar spice, will tantalize your taste buds and transport you to the bustling streets of Beirut or the cozy kitchens of Amman.
Manakeesh, often referred to as the Middle Eastern pizza, is a staple in breakfast tables across the region. The magic of Manakeesh lies in its simplicity and the versatility of its toppings. Our recipe features the classic Zaatar topping, a delightful mix of thyme, sesame seeds, sumac, and olive oil. If you're curious about this spice blend, check out our article on Zaatar and Sumac: The Middle Eastern Spices That Will Revolutionize Your Cooking.
Crafting your own Manakeesh at home is a rewarding experience. The process of kneading the dough, watching it rise, and finally seeing it turn into golden, fragrant flatbreads in the oven is nothing short of therapeutic. And the best part? You get to enjoy a warm, fresh-from-the-oven Manakeesh at the end of it.
Our Manakeesh is perfect for a hearty breakfast, a quick snack, or even a light dinner. Pair it with some fresh veggies or a dollop of creamy yogurt for a complete meal. If you're on the lookout for more exciting breakfast options, why not try our Sourdough French Toast?
Are you a vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet? Manakeesh is an excellent choice. Just make sure your Zaatar mix is free from any animal products. For more vegan meal inspiration, check out our delicious vegan breakfast recipes.
So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to create some Middle Eastern magic in your kitchen with our Zaatar Manakeesh recipe. And while you're at it, why not explore more unique flavors from around the world with our articles on unusual plant-based foods and Greek desserts? Happy cooking!